Welcome to EquityLine
EquityLine Mortgage Investment Corporation is an Ontario based mortgage investment corporation. It was founded by the principals of EquityLine Financial Services Corporation an Ontario based mortgage broker formed in 2014.
The principals of the Corporation have extensive knowledge of the Canadian real estate and mortgage industries. Cumulatively, the management team has more than 40 years of relevant and successful sectoral experience.
The primary focus of the Corporation’s investments are Prime urban 1st and 2nd Residential Mortgages in the urban Southern Ontario region of Canada. The Corporation does not fund distressed borrowers.
The foundation of the Corporation’s success is a plan based on:
- Deep knowledge of targeted real estate market enabling the identification of attractive mortgage opportunities
- The rate of return for investors that is appealing and dependable
- Short duration residential mortgages in a targeted geographic area (i.e. Greater Toronto Area)
- A realistic risk mitigation profile that is understandable and credible
- Corporate managers that are experienced and trustworthy
Management and Board
EquityLine Mortgage Investment Corporation is managed by EquityLine Services Corporation, another of the EquityLine Group of companies. Our success to date is based on our management team’s history in the mortgage industry. They are professionals who cumulatively have more than four decades of relevant and successful sectoral experience.
Our managers have a code of business conduct that guides all the divisions within the group.
- Strict compliance to legislation and regulation
- Adherence to a conservative risk profile in both lending and investing
- A strong and active Board that is heavily weighted with independent directors who have significant experience in many areas of the financial services industry.
Share Classes and Dividends
EquityLine Mortgage Investment Corporation (EquityLine MIC) provides investors an opportunity to generate a stable, predictable monthly dividend through a purchase of Series B and Series F Preferred Shares in the EquityLine MIC (Offering Memorandum dated May 7, 2021). These shares have delivered a historical 8.0% and 8.5%, respectively, annualized rate of return with a targeted rate up to 10%, paid monthly. EquityLine MIC also offers Class A (Prospectus Offering) shares which are publicly traded on the Jamaica Stock Exchange (Jamstockex.com).
- The Series A Preferred Shares of the Corporation trade on the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE: ELMIC)
- The Series B and Series F Preferred Shares are not listed on a securities exchange and are considered restricted securities available from exempt market dealers in the Canadian private capital markets
The Series B and F Preferred Shares are subject to restrictions respecting transferability and resale, including a restriction no shareholder can trade the shares before the date that is four months and a day after the date the Corporation becomes a reporting issuer in any province or territory of Canada.
The Corporation is not a reporting issuer in any province or territory of Canada, and therefore the Series B and F Preferred Shares are subject to an indefinite hold period. They cannot be traded but they can be redeemed under the terms of our redemption policy as described in the Offering Memorandum. The Series B and F Preferred Shares are only available to qualified investors through Exempt Market Dealers.
For details regarding statements about Series A Preferred Shares fixed rate of return please refer the Prospectus.